Saturday, January 16, 2010

525,600 Minutes


Hello friends and family,

I hope this finds all of you well and that you had a good new year and holiday season. I will soon blog again on my life at the border, currently it entails ear infections, sinus infection and my body generally waging war against me. I am writing to ask for your prayers. As many of you have no doubt seen on the news one of my fellow '09 UP classmates didn't survive the Haitian earthquake that occurred on Tuesday. Molly Hightower, the laughing lady in the picture, was a good dormmate and friend to me throughout my college career. She was working at an orphanage in Haiti. Whether singing Disney songs or telling of the latest dilemma she had encountered, her smile and love for all were contagious. I ask you for your prayers for her family, friends, and those in Haiti in this particularly difficult time. Especially for another friend and classmate, Rachel, who survived the collapse of the building Molly was in.
Molly was a fellow blogger of her service adventures, and much better than I at updating the blog, if any of you would like to read more about her and her experiences. Also if any of you were wanting to donate to the Haiti relief efforts, Friends of the Orphans, the organization Molly was working with is taking donations. Thank you for your prayers, thoughts, crossed fingers, and love. As always with tragedies like this I am reminded how much the people in my life mean to me. Thanks for being such great friends and family. I love you all.

-Karen

3 comments:

  1. Karen, I missed you at the UP mass for Molly today. Its so hard losing our friends so soon, and when they are just beginning their life work. Do write soon and share about your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly was a good person, through and through. You can call me anytime Karen- day or night. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete