Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Photos of the week and a week of photos

For the past week, my life has really revolved around photos.  Both taking them and using them.  

First let me give you my photos of the week.  I am really trying to improve my photography skills and my sports photography has definitely gotten better.  As I have shared before, I spend a lot of time photographing soccer.  Below is possibly my crowning glory.

Thanks to that goalie for making this photo possible.

And, with slightly more editing, this is how a Filipino, an Englishman, a Costa Rican and a Cambodian celebrate the goal of the smallest member of the team.


I also get to play a bit of soccer these days.  Our Deaf Amazons, women's football team, has a tournament coming up next month, so we get together every Sunday for a practice game.  I can handle every part of this game except the whole kicking the ball into the goal thing...



This  past week, I also photographed an event on LGBT-Christian relations.  It was organized by a fellow Maryknoll Lay Missioner and had a great turn out!  This is my favorite photo.  His shirt says, I am who I am in Khmer.  In door, low-light photography is definitely a challenge given the caliber of my camera but I am learning.

In addition to being on-call to take many photos, this past Saturday I was the co-curator of a photo exhibition (featuring the photos of people far more skilled than I).  This was a lesson in having faith.  I am a logistics worry-wort.  I over-analyze everything, think and rethink and really constantly need a team with which to share ideas.  There are back-up plans for back-up plans.  An attendee spontaneously bursts into flames, yup, probably had a plan for that... 

You can check out the online version of the exhibition below.

No comments:

Post a Comment