Monday, December 17, 2012

Citizenship Test

Unfortunately, I could not find a 'could you survive as an immigrant game' and I am not savvy enough to create one.  An example citizenship quiz seemed like a good alternative.  So, what do you actually need to know to pass that test...  You can see how you would do on the US citizenship test.  I will be honest, I tried one of these in High School and would not have been able to pass it.  Now, I got 92% (I blame the missed questions on watching TV while taking the quiz).  Should we revoke your citizenship? ;)

To put this in perspective and have a more true immigrant experience, imagine taking this for another country in the world, in a language that is not your first language...(to my Mexicans and Brits, this part will be easy for you :))

Came you pass the UK's test?

Or this part of Mexico's test?  (I put it in English)

1. Name ten Mexican states and their capitals
2. Who or what was Quetzalcoatl?
3. Name 3 ex-presidents of Mexico
4. What is the official name of Mexico?
5. Who was Francisco Villa?
6. Name 3 heroes of the Independence of Mexico
7. Name 2 Aztec emperors
8. Name the place where Hidalgo made his famous "El Grito" speech on September 16, 1810
9. State the names of the writers of the lyrics and music of the Mexican national anthem.
10. How many peninsulas are there in Mexico?



Just some thoughts :)  And, no I could not pass any of these other tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment