Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Critters of Cambodia, AKA my housemates

After you have all seen a bit about my house here, I thought I would share about all those who live in this space.

You already met Tony, the guard dog.



We also share our space with a good number of geckos/lizards/salamanders, I am at a loss for which they are.  Such details of biology are best left to other members of my family.  They range in size from as big as my forearm to little tiny guys.  Here is one of the little guys I caught.  He was hanging out on the floor and I feared he would get smashed, so I moved him to a safe corner. But, first he had a photo shoot.

I named this one Lizard-Beth Salamander.  Kudos to all who know what book I was reading when that name came about...

  
This is my favorite picture!  You can see all the insides!  This is one of those moments where I said, wow, life is pretty cool.

Then, there are these little guys...  I will give you a hint.  They go marching one-by-one hurrah!




For those who have read One Hundred Years of Solitude, I try not to think about that book while observing these in every part of my kitchen.  I literally have to wash out my teapot every time before I use it as the little buggers seem to now like to hang out in there.  I need to start farming more Lizard-Beths to help with this problem...

And, last, but certainly not least.  When I went to take a shower the other day.  This little friend was hanging out in the window.

Hopefully, he had a nice snack of any mosquitoes that happened to wander by the house. As you can see, he was tiny!


1 comment: